10am - 2pm shifts
Our day centre is in the heart of Whangārei, providing anyone in-need with space to rest, have a kai and seek support. We are looking for people to support our busy cooks in the kitchen.
We provide breakfast and lunch services to our visitors and this role will include activities such as:
- Helping with meal prep
- Clearing/pack up/down of services
- Cleaning - helping make sure the space is clean and ready for the next shift
We are open Monday to Saturday and are looking for support on each of these days.
The shift would be from 10am - 2pm.
We are ideally looking for people who can commit to one shift on a weekly basis, who want to be part of our team and care about providing real support to our community.
Orientation and in-house training will be provided.
- Previous kitchen work favourable but not essential
- Happy to get stuck into a variety of tasks to support the kitchen and the cook - whatever is needed on that day
- Happy interacting with people and being part of a team
- Able ask for help from other team members if needed
Contact Lyn by emailing email@example.com or calling +64 09 437 0185 or 0800 120 926 to express your interest in this volunteer role.